Friday, June 26, 2009

Big Paper Hat & Mrs. Weasley

I was knitting away on my "Mrs. Weasley Wrap" when the doorbell rang this afternoon. I answered the door to find this huge box on my front doorstep. I had no clue what it could be... The box said "The Village Hat Shop" on it and it came from California. I just kinda stared at it for a while. I thought maybe it was something from my husband, or maybe it was fiber that I had forgotten that I ordered and it was just in a hat box. I finally decided to just rip it open and what I saw made my jaw drop. It was a large brimmed paper hat! I've been wanting one forever now. I saw a receipt in the bottom of the box. It was from my mom. I have to admit a few tears fell before I could call her and thank her for the unexpected and thought full gift. I can't wait to wear it this summer. It'll be a staple while I'm gardening or just lounging at the beach. Mrs. Weasley? Well, I finished 3 skeins of scrappy yarn from that scrap swap I was a part of. I decided to make a wrap with it. I can't seam to put it down. I don't know if it's the simplicity of the pattern, or the awesome color changes. But, I love it and I am determined to get it done by the end of the weekend. I'm calling it "Mrs. Weasley Wrap" because it just reminds me of something that she would wear. I wish I could wear more things like she does, but I'm not sure I could get away with it!

No comments: