Monday, October 1, 2007

Who Am I?


In a nutshell... I'm a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, and major fiber addict.  Yes, I do confess.  I have more fabric, yarn, embroidery thread, trims, patterns, and spinning fibers than any one women should.  But, I can't help it.  I love it all.  Sometimes I want to sit and spin.  And, others I want to cut out quilt squares or sew a new outfit for one of the kids or dolls.  Feeling those yarns pull through my fingers as I knit, crochet, or spin just gives me such a sense of peace.  It's such a tangible thing that I'm doing.  Whatever I'm doing.  Even if it's just the simple pleasure of cuddling with one of the kids under a blanket that I've made.
And my blog?  Well, here is my place to document some of it.  The good, the bad, and sometimes the ugly.  Yep, I said ugly. Hopefully you'll find something here that will make you laugh, oooohhh and awwww, or maybe just be inspired to try something new.  I share tutorials, recipes, reviews, and give the occasional advise.  So, grab a cup of something yummy and browse around.  


That's me.  Sitting and working.  This is an older photo...maybe from 2009.  I really need to find a new one of me at working.
 Fabrics, and buttons, and fibers, and cubbies... oh my!
 My Mrs. Weasley wrap.  I spun the yarn myself.  It's my favorite wrap.

My end table on any given day.  Right now it's got a toy car, a water bottle, an empty Annie's crackers packet and my knitting bag.

No comments: