Monday, February 9, 2009

Completely Unmotivated

That's how I've been the past few days. I just don't want to do anything crafty. I just want to sit and read.

I did get done the labels that I needed to make up for my hand spun and recycled yarns that I'll be listing on etsy. I'm not completely in love with them, but they will do for now. I think they look a bit uninspired.
Today I have to get going on a valentines gift for my girls. A few weeks ago my daughter begged me to buy this fabric so I could make her something with it. It was on clearance, so I bought it. It's being washed at the moment, so I can so I can make both girls something. I'm not sure what yet. But, I'm thinking either a simple comfy basic shirt or a long tunic style simple t-shirt. I do love this fabric, so I'm sure whatever I do they will love and wear it. I'll post pictures when I'm done.
My "Ocean Park" yarn is finished having the twist set. So, it's ready for the scarf that I want to make out of it. I don't know about a pattern. I know that I want the scarf to be long, but there is only 138 yards. I think I'll just go for it and do a very simple stockinet stitch until I run out of yarn. I'm thinking I'll try for a 5" wide scarf. But, that may be to wide. We'll see.
Ok, so just writing this has made me more motivated. I'm off to get to work!

1 comment:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

It must be something in the air. I have been feeling so unmotivated lately too. I pick up some yarn or fabric and then can't seem to find a project to go with it.

Here's hoping it end soon :)