Yesterday I did a ton of work on Cael's quilt. I sandwiched all the layers and finished quilting it! I knew that I wanted to do free motion stippling, but I was nervous to do it. My machine is a bit.... temper mental and I wasn't sure it would do it for me. The last time I tried stippling it turned out a complete mess and I had to revert to standard straight line quilting. Anyways.... I played with the tension, stitch length settings, etc. and I finally got my sample piece to look somewhat decent.
The quilting took me about 3.5 hours for this quilt. Trying to get the big quilt to move around was a pain and my wrists were killing me when I finally finished. But, all in all I'm really happy with the results. I just that "puckery" look that a stippled quilt has. I'm anxious to get my binding tomorrow and finish up the quilt so I can throw it in the wash and put it in babies room.
*On a cute side note: When my hubby saw the quilt as I was quilting he looked at me and smiled and he said "I remember those fabrics." I love that our son will be wrapped in his dad's old work shirts.... I think I've said that before.