Friday, June 25, 2010

A Quilt For Cael - Part 3

I sewed up the quilt top late in to the evening on the 23rd. Even though I thought my rows were looking a bit long for a baby crib quilt, I kept on stitching. When I finished I finally noticed that it was to long. Way to long and not wide enough. I went back to my drawing and realized that instead of 11 rows of 8 I had drawn 8 rows of 11. Yeah... this is why I shouldn't do a complex math quilting project while pregnant!! Instead of undoing everything, I just cut off the bottom that I didn't need and added 3 more rows. It ended up working great and my final quilt top measures 39" x 58". A bit larger than a standard crib quilt, but not by much.

I love the colors and the pattern that I chose. The photo doesn't show the whole top as I had a hard time getting a good photo of it at 11:00 at night.

No comments: