Sunday, February 3, 2008

First Hand spun Bag Finally Finished



I was dragging my feet getting this bag done. (see post below on unfinished bag) I finally finished it yesterday. It turned out better than I thought it would. But, its still pretty unfortunate looking. I used a brown denim to line the inside. I made two large elastic pockets inside to hold small knitting or crochet projects. The other side has a large flat pocket with a shorter pocket on the outside of it. The shorter pocket has compartments for pens, knitting needles, etc. I added leather to the handles to attach the handles to the bag. I used recycled leather and free cut the design out. I hand stitched them in place. I'll do a few things differently on the next knitted bag. But, overall, I'm pretty happy with this one. I'm planing on putting it next to the sofa where I regularly sit and knit. It'll be a good travel knitting bag too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it, its rustic looking. Did you spin the yarn yourself?

bperry042 said...

Thank!! The brown yarn and brown and pink yarns were handspun by me. They were my first attempts at spinning, so they were chunky and wild. I like the bag though. It's holding my knitting supplies really well.