Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!





We had a wonderful Valentine's Day today. Before school the girls opened up their present. I made them each a pullover fleece hoodie and 3 felt heart shaped sugar cookies. They loved them. My hubby had left some Lilies on the dining table for me as well as a beautiful chocolate mug filled with cake and cream. It looked to beautiful to eat, so I put it in the fridge to share with him when he gets home. I made him a bookmark and a heart shaped chocolate chip cookie sandwich.

I used See&Sew pattern #4894 to make the hoodies for my girls. I altered it to be a pullover style and added a front pouch to each sweater. The jackets took me about 4 hours to make both sweaters. They were very easy to sew up, so I'll definitely be making more in the future. Next time though, I will lengthen the body and slim up the sleeves a bit. I made up the size 5 which was huge. It fit my 4 year old as well as my 7 year old. Pattern sizing is so weird....

2 comments:

odd dotty said...

Can I come live at your house? Looks like it was a fantastic day! How was the cake in the mug?

bperry042 said...

It really was a wonderful day. I was surprised to find that the cup had all mouse in it. It had espresso mouse on top and dark chocolate mouse on the bottom. It was delicious.