Sunday, February 3, 2008

Purses For My Daughters



I've decided to make my weekend end time “free craft time”. Meaning that I put aside any commissions that I may be working on, and instead work on whatever I want. I have so many ideas buzzing around my head. The first things that I wanted to do this weekend was finish my hand spun bag (below) and make my daughters some purses. My youngest had picked out this adorable Tinkerbell fabric over a month ago. And, last week I found this butterfly print for my oldest. So, I set about making them purses!! I used Simplicity pattern #4535. The pattern worked up beautifully. The only adjustments that I made, was adding interior pockets. And places to put pens and such. I love these little bags and so do my daughters. I'll definitely be making more. I got both of these done in about 5 hours from start to finish. And, that was with all the distractions of the kids running around the house!!

No comments: