Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vintage Sheets For The Win

I purchased a big ol' bundle of not so perfect vintage sheet fat quarters from this shop on etsy.  There were 27 in all.  There was only one that didn't match all the rest so I used 26 funky fat quaters to make 3 quilt tops for X-Mas gifts for this next year.  I divided them up into sets.  Stripes, Polka Dots, and Flowers.  A picture of the floral quilt will be posted soon.  It's done, but I haven't taken a pic yet.

These are smallish quilt tops right now. I would say small lap size.  I'm thinking of bordering them though.  For backs I'll be using a vintage sheet that I'm hoping to find at our local thrift store.  I've found one blue and white floral for the back of the floral one.
 I think I'm going to do just simple quilting on these babies.  Free motion stipple for the border (if I do one) and then maybe using my wave stitch stretched on my machine for line quilting the rest.

If your looking for a way to make some quilts as gifts this is definitely a way to go.  For $21.50 I have 3 quilt tops!  And, the vintage goodness and patterns are perfect for the people who will be receiving them. 

No comments: