Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Dollie In The House!!


Today my Narae (60cm) arrived. I got her second hand. Actually I'm her third owner. I was told before I bought her that she had all over yellowing. (common with resin dolls) I also knew from the pics that she was in need of a bath. From the pics it looked like she had been blushed all over. I asked the owner about the blushing and she said that to her knowledge, the doll had never been blushed and that she just had her finger and toe nails painted. To me so looked blushed.... either that or she was really dirty. But, she was an amazing deal, so I went for it and bought her.

After opeing the box, the first thing I noticed was a smoky smell. Yuck!! I'm slightly allergic to cigarette smoke... well, it makes my eyes water and scratch and my nose drip like crazy. Once she was un-wrapped I noticed that she was indeed fully blushed. After the thrill of opening up a new doll, I began a really good inspection of the doll. Here is my rundown of my new girl.
Good Things:

- She has an amazing face-up by an amazing artist. Staci Carpenter. The face has less yellowing than the rest of her body. Which is a great thing.

- She poses great. She stood like a rock right out of the box.

- She wears clothes great. So far, everything that I have put on her has hung beautifully. She will make a great model for me.

- Her body sculpt is gorgeous!! Gotta love the Narindoll company for their ability to sculpt such life like bodies. Her curves are flowey and nothing about her has the look of an animated pin up girl.

- Her ears are pierced.... Not mentioned by the former owner. I don't mind the earing holes. In fact the will be great to have. I just wish I had been told about it.
Not Great Things:

- The smell..... I'm planning on throwing the pillows that came with her in one of those dry cleaning bags to rid them of the smoky smell. And, I will be tossing all the bubble wrap and other loose packaging in the garbage. I'm not sure what to do about the box. Maybe I should leave it in the garage to air out for a while.

- The dirtiness of her body. She is a mess. Sooo much crud between fingers, toes, and joints. And, I think that some of her "Blushing" is just overall dirt. And, if she was in a smoking enviroment, then some of the yellowing and dirt could be just from that.

- The previous owner. I'm not mad at her by any means. The doll was a great deal and she arrived very quickly. But, when asked about the smoky smell she said that she didn't smoke. Not to mention the fact that she didn't mention the earing holes, or the blushing. Which the doll is clearly blushed. I'm not sure how hard core she is about collecting BJD's. Someone who has been around for a while would have mentioned all the "little" things about this doll that are not perfect. I'm not saying that this was a bag purchase or even one that I regret. I LOVE this doll. But... For the amount of money that this beauty cost me, I would have liked a bit more discloser about her.

Even with the not to great things, I'm very happy with this girl. She is currently soaking in a “bath” of warm water, organic cleaner, and baking soda. I just finished my first scrub of her. She is already looking better. I was nervous unstringing her. I took good pics of her insides before unstringing her so I can get her put back together again. Some of the blushing has already come off. But, I think this is a good thing. I would rather have a clean doll than one with dirty blushing. Her hands just drove me nuts. Ther was scum between the fingers!! I'll post some pics of her after her bath. She is going to be a stunner.

No comments: