Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Goodwill Haul!!






I stopped by the local Goodwill yesterday. Bargain shopping is one of my favorite things to do. All pink tags were $1.28. I was on the prowl for wool jackets and knit sweaters that I could unravel for the yarn. Boy, did I hit the jackpot!! I found 5 wool jackets in various colors. Including a really pretty fuchia and black one. One was Pendelton wool and another was from someplace in Ireland. I will almost feel guilty about ripping out those two. (Just almost hehe) The lining on one of the jackets has a great pink paisley print on it. After I cut these jackets apart I'm going to dye some of them into co-ordinating color ways. I've been itching to make some wool art dolls and some plushies. Maybe even a new purse or needle caddy. The sweaters I found were all 100% cotton. I couldn't find any wool ones on sale. Maybe next time. I love cotton for scarfs, hats, and sweaters. I may also try putting some on Etsy at some point.

No comments: