Friday, March 21, 2014

More Knitting!


 More knitting has been going on. Though I think that with the nicer weather it will slow down some.  The yard is beckoning me!  First up is a new sweater for sweet Liam.  He has outgrown almost all his knits and needed a new sweater.  I chose the Gift Wrap Sweater as I loved his Gift Wrap Romper sooo much.  I used some stash Cascade wool/acrylic yarn.  It's darling. He's darling... yeah... so cute!  I found the buttons at Joannes.  That little tractor was kinda pricey for me but I bought it anyways.  It just matched so well.  It's a 9 month size with some room to grow.  I'll be knitting a 12m one with short sleeves for summer.
 
Next up is the Gaptastic Cowl and Braided Beanie.  I'm not sure who will be receiving this set. But, I love it. I used some stash Knit Picks Brava Bulky in... I think Grape.  I had 3 skeins and I used them all on these.  The cowl is wrapped twice around my neck here.  Lots and lots of seed stitch, but sooo worth it.  The hat is awesome because it's got a braided rim and then more seed stitch up the body.  Love it.
 Last I've got a new lovey for Liam.  More stash yarn here.  This one was a cotton boucle of some kind.  Only one skein so I had to alter the pattern some.  I added the ring to the bottom which he just loves.  This little guy will be a chewer I think.  He loves to put fabric in his mouth!
On my needles is a crochet seashell for my folks using some handspun cotton, two pairs of new socks, and some drapey cowls using funky novelty yarn.

No comments: