Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My First Spindle Spinner!!!


First Post: My Spinner!!

So... I've been knitting for a long time. (on and off) And I recently fell in love with knitting socks. While searching for sock patterns and information I stumbled upon this whole world of spinners!! After doing more research I decided that I had to spin my own yarns too. I made a makeshift drop spindle and gave it a whirl. Needless to say... it wasn't going fast enough. (I need instant gratification) Not to mention the fact that I couldn't seem to get myself coordinated enough to make it really work right. My hubby watched me struggle and decided that he could make me a spindle spinning wheel using a dremel as power. It took him almost 2 weeks and lots of "thinking" to come up with a plan that would work right. It still needs a bit of tweeking here and there, but all together it spins perfectly!! I've spun 5 skeins on it so far and I plan to do a lot more. Here's a pic of my finished spinner with my first attempt at using it.

No comments: