I'm making the quilt bigger than the one in the Scrappy Plate Club. I'm making it a queen by using 20 blocks and adding more borders to the outside. Picture above shows over 600 4" plates cut out. I did end up cutting out another 100 or so for the border.
Finished Dresden block. I purchased some Kona cotton in a vintage blue color for the centers and borders. And, the background fabric is a great white with red dot. I used the blanket stitch on my machine to applique the plate down using red, green, and yellow embroidery thread.
I've had a lot of fun with this quilt. Now, I'm working on the backing. I cut out 8" Dresden plates with the remainder of my fabrics. I'm going to make an L shape with them on the backing. I may have to add another fabric to the backing too as I'm not sure I have enough of the blue dot fabric. Pics of the backing will come in the next blog post about the quilt.