Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Cloth Diapering Experience

 I received a comment today on one of my diapering posts from way back. She asked about the fit of the diaper. It made me realize that I haven't really done a good diapering post since my son was born.

These first pictures are of my son during his first month. I tried to review each diaper that I made. It makes comparison easier for those of you trying to figure all this cloth diaper stuff out. I'm still figuring it out, but at least now I know what patterns I like and which fabrics I like. For now this post will just have the pictures. My next post will be a rundown of what I like and what I don't like. Click on each photo to enlarge because I've written about fit and feelings about each diaper on the photos.
VB NB Fitted made with jersey. I had 6 of these and loved them. He was about 8.5 lbs. here and 1 week old. The fit him until he was about a month old or so. I think I would have skipped these all together and made smalls instead with a cross over snap. The NB dipes were just grown out of to fast!
 
Very Baby fitted size small.  These fit until he was about 16 lbs.  Again... I would have made tons of these instead of the NB ones. 

Here is a medium Fattycake altered diaper.  He is 6 months old here and about 19 lbs.

Surprisingly this green Fattycake still fits him at 6 months and 19 lbs.  He won't for long though.
 
 More pics to come on the next post with things that he is wearing now and my overall review of everything!

No comments: