Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Baby Day Jamies For My Girls

I've been making jamies for my girls since they were born. These are special jamies. Made for the day my hubby and I leave to go to the hospital to birth our son. (well....I'll be doing the birthing, he'll be doing the "hubby" thing) The girls will be spending the day and night with family. These jamies, a book, and a new duffel bag will be given to each of the girls. I hope it'll help remember how much they are loved. And, also help them be less nervous about mommy being in the hospital.

I love how these jamies turned out. First up is a nightgown for Ray. I used this pattern by Fishsticks Designs. I made the size 10 and shortened the dress length by about 5". I love love love this fabric. The little giraffe's are so darned cute! It took some digging at the fabric store to find a co-ordinating fabric for the top, but I managed to find one. And, in the clearance area!!
For Ali's jamies I made her a tank and shorts set. Both shorts and tank were made with this Simplicity pattern. For the shorts I found the softest cotton flannel that I have ever felt before. It's new at JoAnnes and I will be buying tons more of this stuff in different colors. I'm pretty proud of the tank top. I used a rib jersey knit for the body and some lingerie fold over elastic for the straps, armpits, and neck areas.

No comments: