Saturday, May 7, 2016

New Addiction - Coiled Baskets!


These seem to be all over the Internet right now.  I got addicted to these almost a year ago now.  I've made dozens (literally) since then.  My boys have many on our shelves of toys and I made 14 for Christmas gifts.  I just love them.  Easy and satisfying to make.  Not to mention pretty to look at and totally practical. 
This last basket got an addition of fabric. Why didn't I do this sooner! I can't get over that pop of color.  Such a great use of all my string scraps of fabric that I've got in spades over here.  This particular basket is using reproduction 1930's washboard fabrics left over from a quilt I made a few years ago.

More of these to come.  I'm planning on three smaller ones for the boys Safari Ltd. Toob animals.  We are desperate for some separation of species. I've noticed that I need handles on all baskets in the playroom.  It just seems to make it easier for little hands to carry.  Especially these larger baskets.

I also just want to mention that I get my cotton clothesline on Amazon.  $10.00 for a 200ft piece.  It's a steal!  I usually get one large basket and a few smaller ones.

No comments: