Friday, March 30, 2012

Lizzy House Quilt Top & Pillow

I absolutely adore Lizzy House Fabrics.  My favorites by far are the 1001 Peeps and the Castle Peeps.  I hunted and hunted for a good scrappy lot of these prints until I finally found a set of 50 13X8" prints on Etsy!  The set also included some of her wonderful Outfoxed prints.  When they arrived I just sat and looked at them and organized them and looked at them some more.  I was a bit timid about starting a quilt.  I wanted to use up every last scrap of this yummy stuff.  And, I did!!!
I found a pattern in a magazine and used it as a base for my big blocks (some changes were required) then I made up my own borders.  It's about 60" x 50"  It'll be a nice comfy size when I'm done.  I used some flannel that I have on hand for the backing.  Now I just need to layer and quilt it up!
Just look at those yummy fabrics.... drool...... Above is the blocks about to be assembled.  Below is the finished quilt top.  Notice those HST's in the corners of the border.... I've come to learn that I need a LOT more practice matching up points.
With the tiny scraps I had left I made a pillow.  In both the quilt and pillow I used some of the selvages in the seams.  I'm really happy with them both. And, the pillow has already seen cuddle time.

No comments: