Monday, September 7, 2009

It's That Time Of Year Again

The preparations for Christmas have already begun. I've been knitting like crazy and planning what I'll be making. I've gotten a few knit projects finished. A few hats, a pair of socks, and about 4 things still on the needles. For now, I'll just post the socks.
I've finished my first pair of gift socks. I'm very happy with how they turned out. I bought the yarn on the Peninsula when visiting my folks. The yarn is "Jarbo Garn" color 1527, Superwash and Nylon, 150m (164 yards). I wanted to make some ankle socks with it. They turned out much bigger than I anticipated, but they are sooo snuggly and soft. I really like this yarn. I was 2 yards short on my last sock and had to dig up some superwash navy yarn to finish.
This pair is a lacy pattern.... I'll post more pics when I have one sock on the blocker. It's my first sock with a lace pattern and so far I am loving making these.

No comments: